Google is almost synonymous with the “internet”. With services like Gmail, Google Docs, Google Drive, Google G Suite, Android, YouTube, etc., Google has become the most powerful internet company on the internet.
Google also offers a few services with which you can earn money from the internet. Services like Google AdSense, Google AdWords (Ads), Google AdMob, etc. are some of the services from which you can make money.
Google AdSense is one of the favorite ways of making money online. Google Ads helps the businesses to grab the new customers. Google AdMob is a platform which helps to monetize your Android applications.
There are millions of people all over the world who are earning from the Google services. In this guide, we’ll explore the Google services which help to make money online.
Google AdSense is an advertising program that allows you to display the contextual ads on your blog or website or YouTube videos.
Google AdSense is one of the popular ways of making money on the internet. There are many bloggers who make thousands of dollars every month using Google AdSense.
We’ll cover the AdSense for YouTube in the next section of this article. Let’s see how to earn money from blog or website with Google AdSense. Google AdSense pays you whenever someone clicks the ad on your blog.
You need a blog or a website to be able to publish Google AdSense. It is one of the stepping stones for the bloggers who want to monetize their blog.
Few Things You Need to Know
- Google AdSense is a free service. You need a blog or website with good content to get approved for the Google AdSense program.
- We all know that user-friendliness is one of the core values of Google. There are ads of different formats and sizes and you can choose the ads which suit the look and feel of your blog. Text ads, Display ads, Animated image, Link units, and Rich media are the ad formats on Google AdSense at the moment.
- You can display advertisements on multiple websites using a single AdSense account.
- Google pays on monthly basis. The total payable amount must be $100 or more to get paid from Google AdSense.
- Google AdSense pays you 68% of the amount paid by the advertiser on every click generated on your blog or website
- Publishing AdSense ad on your blog is simple. You just need to copy a code snippet from your Google AdSense account and paste it on the source code of your blog to start displaying the ads.
- You cannot make any money from Google AdSense if you have no traffic on your blog.
- Lastly, Google AdSense policies are strict. They’ll terminate your account if they find any invalid click activity on your blog.
YouTube is popular all across the world which is the reason why businesses try to reach the potential customers through the advertisements on YouTube videos.
You’ve to apply for YouTube Partner Program to be able to monetize your videos on YouTube. The video creators earn money from the advertisements displayed on their videos. Whenever the viewers click ads on your videos, Google charges the businesses and you get a share of what the businesses pay to Google.
Your earnings from AdSense for YouTube depends on the number of people who watch your videos and watch or click the advertisements. You may just get few cents from a single click, but it may add up into a decent amount if you have a lot of viewers watching your videos on YouTube.
Here are the Few Things You Need to Know About YouTube
- Your YouTube channel must have at least 1000 subscribers and 4,000 watch hours in last one year to make it eligible for the YouTube Partners Program.
- You’ll get paid once the total earned amount reaches $100.
- You can monetize your videos individually from the YouTube Video Manager. For example, you can just monetize 3 out of 10 videos on your YouTube channel.
- You need not create another AdSense account for YouTube separately if you already have one. There is a Hosted AdSense for Content under the Performance Report in Google AdSense. However, your YouTube channel must fulfill the eligibility criteria mentioned in the first point.
Blogger is a free blog-publishing service by Google. You can create blogs on Blogger.com which are hosted on Google’s servers. The URL of the blogs will have a subdomain of the domain blogspot.com. Blogger is one of the best ways to publish your content without purchasing any domain or hosting.
You can also use blogger to host your own domain for free. You need to change the DNS settings to direct your domain to blogger or Google’s servers. It is easy to create blogs on the Blogger.com and you can earn money from Google AdSense with your blogger blogs.
Few Things You Need to Know about Blogger
- AdSense is the popular way of earning from the blogs on Blogger.com.
- You can create up to 100 blogs on a single Blogger.com account. You need Google account to be able to sign up for Blogger.com
- You don’t need a domain or hosting for publishing the content. Your content will be hosted for free on Google servers with a sub-domain from blogspot.com.
- You can sign up for Google AdSense directly from Blogger.com. However, if you do not see Sign up for AdSense button, it means that your blog is still not qualified for publishing Google AdSense ads.
- Google AdSense policies are the same for the Blogger.com blogs.
AdMob for Mobile Applications
AdMob is like AdSense for mobile applications. There is the countless number of applications on the Play Store. Every day thousands of new applications pop up gets approved on Google Play Store.
AdMob is an advertising platform for the Android applications. Android developers create different kinds of apps for the Android smartphones. AdMob is one of the ways to monetize the Android applications.
With AdMob, you can earn money from the Android applications even while allowing the users to install it for free provided you have a good number of users. AdMob is the most reliable and popular ad platform trusted by the mobile app developers from all across the world.
Few Things You Need to Know About AdMob
- AdMob’s ad formats are designed to preserve the user experience of Android apps. You just need to choose the right ad format which suits your mobile app.
- You can also sell the digital content in your mobile applications. These are called in-app products. There is also a subscription-based billing model.
- Your earning amount must reach $100 to be able to receive the payment.
- Creating and publishing ads using AdMob is easy and it is just similar to Google AdSense. You can customize the unit size, color scheme, and refresh rate.
Google Ads is a bit different service compared to the above four. It is an advertising platform which enables the advertisers to advertise product listings, display brief advertisements, video content, mobile apps etc.
Google places the ads from Google Ads on the web pages, YouTube videos, mobile applications based on the keyword relevancy and advertiser preferences. As Ads is an advertising platform, you need to have a business to promote or product or service to sell in order to make money from Google Ads. In other words, you can promote your business using Google Ads and if done properly you may earn more profits from your business.
Few Things You Need to Know about Google Ads
- Your return on investment (ROI) depends on the position of your advertisement in the search results or videos. For example, if your ad is positioned in the second place, it may not be got as many clicks as the ad which is positioned in the first place. Ads determine your ad position based on the Quality Score. A good Quality Score ensures that your ad is positioned in the best place possible. Quality Score is nothing but how relevant your advertisement is to the searches. Improving the relevancy of the ad is the best way to improve your Quality Score.
- Google Academy for Ads offers free courses and certifications to help you succeed with Google Ads.
- Google Keyword Planner is the tool with which we find the cost-per-click, average search volume and important data to select the right keywords for advertisements.
There are millions of bloggers, YouTube creators and Android developers all over the world who are making considerable income from Google services. Remember that, without people who are interested in your content you cannot make any money with these services.
Your blog or YouTube channel must have a good enough traffic, only then there is a scope to earn a decent income. You get paid for creating and sharing valuable content through your blog or video or applications.