The actor passed away after battling with cancer. Here are lesser known facts about the actor.
1. Vinod Khanna was born on October 6, 1946, in Peshawar (Pakistan). His father’s textile dye and chemical business was. Vinod Khanna had no filmy background.
2. Vinod Khanna, one of five siblings.A brother and three sisters. After Partition Independence moved his family from Pakistan to India. Vinod Khanna himself is a commerce graduate from Sydenham College, Delhi.
3. Vinod Khanna’s father did not want his son to go to the movies. Vinod’s insistence He bent forward and he gave two years Vinod. Vinod hard in these two years, earned a place in the film industry. Considered as one of the most good-looking heroes of his time, Vinod Khanna started his Bollywood career as a villain in Sunil Dutt’s “Man Ka Meet” (1969).
4. After playing negative roles in a number of films including “Purab Aur Paschim”, “Sachaa Jhutha”, “Aan Milo Sajna”, “Mastana”, “Mera Gaon Mera Desh” and “Elaan”, Vinod Khanna finally got his break as a hero in “Hum Tum Aur Woh” in 1971.
5. Vinod Khanna shared a perfect on-screen chemistry with superstar Amitabh Bachchan. Together, they gave several Box Office hits like Hera Pheri (1976), Khoon Pasina (1977), Amar Akbar Anthony (1977), Parvarish (1977) and Muqaddar Ka Sikander (1978).
6. Vinod Khanna was probably the first Bollywood hero who took temporary retirement from the industry when he was still at the peak of his career.
7. He became a disciple of Osho (Bhagwan Shree Rajneesh) in 1975 and in the earky 1980s, he shifted to Rajneeshpuram in the US, where he spent his time cleaning dishes and working as Osho’s gardener.
8.Khanna’s absence from his family resulted in his divorce with his first wife Geetanjali in 1985. The couple have two sons – Rahul Khanna and Akshaye Khanna.
9. Vinod remarried Kavita in 1990. They have a son – Sakshi, and a daughter – Shraddha.
10. Vinod joined the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) in 1997 and won from Gurdaspur constituency in Punjab the next year.
11. Vinod has won five Filmfare awards so far, including Filmfare Lifetime Achievement Award in 1999. He has also won Zee Cine Award for Lifetime Achievement.
12. Vinod Khanna was last seen in 2015 film “Dilwale” where Shah Rukh Khan and Kajol played the leads.
With classics like Mere Apne, Mera Gaon Mera Desh, Gaddaar, Imtihaan, Muqaddar Ka Sikandar, Inkaar, Amar Akbar Anthony, Qurbani, Kudrat, Dayavan, and other films, Vinodji will live on forever through his body of work.