If you’re dreading the end of the weekend or you just need a good excuse for why you’re you’re worst on days like these, these facts might help. Send them along to your boss and see if you get excused for being late.
According to the The World Book Encyclopedia, Monday is is derived from the ancient Anglo-Saxon and Germanic word for the Moon, known as “monandaeg”. Therefore, Monday means ‘the day of the moon’.
Do you hate Mondays ? Here’s something else you probably knew : you’re not the only one.
Interesting and Funny Facts about Mondays :
1. Most people do not smile on Monday until 11.16 am.
2. The best way to overcome hatred towards Monday considers being TV watching, sex, online shopping, chocolate and cosmetics buying, as well as vacation planning.
3. 50% of workers on Monday are late for work.
4. 12 minutes are enough for most people to complain on Monday.
5. People aged 45 to 54 years suffer most from the Monday’s syndrome.
6. Staff ensures maximum productivity during only 3.5 hours on Mondays.
7. Most suicides occur on Monday.
8. The number of heart attack victims is increased on 20% on Mondays.
9. Monday is the least rainy weekday.
10. And something positive: Monday is the best day to buy a car, as the majority of sales are made on weekend and sellers expect less successful sale on the day, and as a result – more willing to make discounts.
11. People do their shopping online more on Mondays than they do any other day of the week.